The M.I.T.E.A., Inc.
Est. In 2005
– To Advance Good Will and a uniform standard of care, statewide, among Independent Title Examiners thru a membership program.
– To Afford Title Examiners a Resource for Informational Bulletins, Educational programs, Networking and Career Advancement.
– To Promote the Understanding, Awareness and Importance of producing the PROPER examination, abstracting and reporting of the Registry of Deeds Land records, thereby ensuring the Integrity and Quality of the title product.
“NO COALITION CAN BE EFFECTIVE WITHOUT THE DEDICATION OF ITS’ MEMBERS, FOR REAL AND LASTING CHANGE.”
MITEA is excited to change up it’s Education and Networking Format in 2021 to a Virtual Zoom meeting place for members. Schedule for Zoom Educational Seminars will be posted periodically and Email alerts sent to Members.
MITEA Board of Directors Zoom Meeting: Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, 6:00.
UPCOMING FREE EDUCATION ZOOM SEMINAR: Exclusively for current MITEA Members and limited Guest by Invitation only.
DATE: Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm +/-
TOPIC: The Four Unity Rules / Discussion of Grantor and Grantee issues.
PRESENTED BY: Atty. Katherine Prifti, Massachusetts Sate Counsel from First American Title Insurance Co.,
Atty. Adam Lewis and Atty. Annelle Benson, both of First American Title Insurance Co.
REGISTRY NEWS ALERT : Aug. 31, 2021: Hampden County Alert:Please be advised that the Roderick L. Ireland building that has Superior, District, Probate Courts, and the Hampden County Registry of Deeds is closed until further notice due to mold.There is no plan in place to access older probates not scanned because no one is allowed in the building.Registry of Deeds is still accessible remotely and they have a satellite office in Westfield for recording documents.
- Congratulations to Sherilynn Mello who has been named the new Bristol South Register of Deeds, following the sudden passing of former Register, Dr., Frederick M. Kalisz, Jr., who sadly passed away on January 27, 2021 from complications related to COVID-19. Register Mello has been with the BSROD for approximately 35 years and is well deserving of the appointment.
- Suffolk County Registry of Deeds: Week of Feb. 1, 2021 On Line Indexing issues reported. Recent recording information not appearing. Problem expected to be corrected by Feb. 8, 2021. Beware.
- Dec. 2020, Southern Bristol County Registry of Deeds Computers Malfunction: Effective Jan. 1, 2021 Registry is Closed to all, except employees, until further Notice. The computer imaging problems continue to date.
- 2020 Covid -19 Protocols: Most Registry of Deeds are now open to the Public. Check Individual Registries daily for Recording and admission Restrictions.
- 2020 Probate and Family Courts are now open to the Public on a limited bases. Contact each Court for requirements and Covid-19 Restrictions daily.
- STATEWIDE RECORDING FEE CHANGES EFFECTIVE Dec. 31, 2019 (Not Jan. 1, 2020)
2021 MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL Deadline: Dec. 11, 2020 for discount pricing .
After Jan. 1, 2021:
- Voting Membership Fee: $125.00 and Associate Membership Fee: $100.00.
Please Review the On Line Application and Benefit pages by Clicking the “Join MITEA” box in the left side column for details.
NOTE: 2020 Memberships will be suspended after Jan. 1, 2021 until current dues are paid.
RECENT PAST EVENTS:
MITEA Board of Directors Zoom Meeting: Wednesday May 5, 2021
MITEA Board of Directors Meeting: Jan. 2020
Nov. 19, 2019: After Hours Networking and Education Event at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Waltham, MA.
~ Co-Hosted with the New England Land Title Association. (NELTA)
Program: “Best Practice for conducting a Registered Land Title Examination and Process of working with the Land Court to resolve title problems”
Presenters: Christina T. Geaney, Land Court Chief Title Examiner for the State of MA and Carrie B. Rainen, Esquire, Land Court Examiner.
~ June 13 – 16, 2019 New England Land Title Association (NELTA) Annual Convention in North Falmouth on Cape Cod, MA
~ Nov. 4, 2019 REBA (Real Estate Bar Association of Mass.) Conference: at the Four Points by Sheraton, Norwood, MA, 7:30 am – 2:45 pm.
**** ” THE TITLE EXAMINATION EDUCATION COLLABORATION ” ****
The MITEA Educational Program Series is designed to provide Up To Date Title Information to MITEA members, Title Agents and the Examiners that work for Title Agents. The GOAL is to improve the Title product delivered to Title Agents and Insured by Title Insurance Companies.
Collaboration participants are comprised of Title Insurance Company representatives who are willing to participate in Educational Seminars hosted by MITEA across the State.
*** 2018 & 2017 Past EDUCATION SERIES I :
“Understanding the impact of a Foreclosure in your Title with the rules applicable Today”: From Original Mortgagee to Affidavits and Recent Decisions.
~ 2017 Session 1: Sept. 2017 at the Essex County Southern District Registry of Deeds.
~ Oct. 18, 2017 at the Plymouth County Registry of Deeds
~ Oct. 25, 2018 at the Hampshire County Registry of Deeds.
*** 2018 Education Series II: ” Spotting and Reporting Problematic and Obscure Title Issues”:
~ May 22, 2018 at the Middlesex South Registry of Deeds.
MITEA would like to give a Big THANK YOU ! to Middlesex Cty. South District Register of Deeds, Maria C. Curtatone, and Hampshire County Register of Deeds Mary Olberding, and staff, for their support and generosity in providing meeting locations for the Title Examination Education seminars.
Also, Thank you Berkshire Cty. Middle District Register of Deeds, Patricia M. Harris for attending the Hampshire Cty. Seminar in October !
~ Many Thanks to all the Attorneys and Attendees who visited with MITEA at the REBA Conference on Nov. 4, 2019. Your encouragement and support for MITEA is priceless to us !
~ MITEA looks forward to building upon our Title Industry relationships in 2021!
MITEA Disclaimer: The information provided on this web site is for informational purposes only. Assessing this information is the responsibility of the user.